|Service||Apply For New Ration Card Online|
|Department||Karnataka Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department|
|Eligibility||Residents of Karnataka|
Ahara Karnataka New Ration Card
New Online Application for Ration Card” System facilitates the generation of Ration Card by the citizen themselves. This is an online System for applying for Ration Card and generating the Ration Card. The aim of this System is to make the Department services more accessible, costeffective and transparent to the citizens.
Public can visit the Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumers Affairs Website to generate Ration Card. Visit the dept. website using URL http://ahara.kar.nic.in, and then select eservices menu. Under e-Ration sub menu provision to application and generate the new ration card can be seen. Aadhaar is mandatory to apply for new Ration Card.
How To Apply For New Ration Card Online In Karnataka?
• Visit Ahara Karnataka Website
• Select ‘e-Ration Card’
• Then Click ‘New Ration Card’
• Select Language
• Then Select Service Option
• Select Card Type
• Fill Online Form and Submit
• Application can be filed at any service kiosk located at Bangalore One/ Karnataka One/ Private franchises/ Janasnehi Kendra/ Grama Panachayath/ POS shops.
• Applicant and the family members to be added need to provide Aadhaar based bio-metric authentication at the stage of filing application. For children below 5 years, bio-metric authentication is not required but Aadhaar card is mandatory.
• No other document is required except the Aadhaar card.
• All the details i.e., Name, Photo, Age, Sex, Address, Mobile Number as appearing in the Aadhaar card of the applicant and his family members are copied automatically to the ration card application.
• At-least one member of the applicant’s family should have the current address of their residence entered correctly in the Aadhaar card. If not, then at-least one member of the family should get his/her address updated to their current residence address by going to the Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
• The mobile number to be provided should be registered in Aadhaar card. If it is not done already, then at-least one family member’s mobile should be registered in Aadhaar. But providing mobile number is not mandatory.
• The applicant should correctly select his ward no in urban areas and should correctly select his Grama Panchayath in rural areas.
• The applicant can choose any fair price shop of his choice within his Taluk/City for PHH Card Type.
• Based on the postal code of Address to be given to Ration Card the Shop is auto-assigned for NPHH Card Type.
• All the family members should preferably go together. If they go separately, then application fee has to be given every time. Application fee Rs. 50/-
• The eldest female member of the household can only be selected as Head of the household as per the provisions of National Food Security Act-2013.
• The application is sent automatically to the concerned Ward/ Grama Panchayath official for verification through computer software.
• The concerned official visits the house of the applicant for verification and approves the ration card if the applicant is found eligible.
• The applicant is informed through SMS at various stages i.e., Advance intimation about date of visit of the official to his place of residence for verification of his application, Approval/Rejection of his application.
Ahara Karnataka Toll Free
Toll Free Number : 1967
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below