|Announcement||Pragati Scholarship 2020-21|
|Sponsored By||All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Eligibility||Girl Students Doing Diploma Courses|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 50,000/- per annum|
|Scholarship Last Date||30th October, 2020|
AICTE Pragati Scholarship
All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE), is inviting an online applications for Pragati Scholarship 2020-21 for Girl Students studying Diploma Courses.
Check All NSP Scholarships Here
1) The girl candidate should be admitted to First year of Diploma level course (or) Second year of Diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year.
2) Maximum two girls child per family are eligible.
3) Family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State/ UT Government need to be enclosed.
Number of Scholarships
1) A total of 5,000 scholarships are earmarked per annum under this scheme for pursuing First year of Degree/Diploma level course OR Second year of Degree level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institutions.
2) The number of scholarships are transferred into AICTE – PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR GIRL STUDENTS (DIPLOMA), if sufficient number of online applications are not received.
3) State/ Union Territory wise distribution of 5,000 scholarships is as per Annexure A.
4) In addition to 5,000 scholarships at point number 2, all eligible girls who submit online scholarship form, from 13 Union Territories and North Eastern States
1) Rs. 50,000/- per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum 4 years for first year admitted students and maximum 3 years for second year admitted students through lateral entry as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipments, softwares etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
2) No documentary proof need to be attached for the above while availing benefits.
Mode of Payment
After selection, the awardee will be paid scholarship through DBT mode on annual basis
How To Apply?
1) The candidate fulfilling the eligibility conditions is required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) after initiation of application process and notice to be published on AICTE website.
2) The host institution where the candidate is studying, required to verify the online application.
3) Department of Technical Education (DTE) of respective State/ UT will verify these applications as second level of scrutiny
The selection of candidate will be carried out solely on the basis of merit of qualifying examination to peruse the Technical Diploma course from any of the AICTE approved institutions i.e. in First year or Second year (through lateral entry only) on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the 10+2/ equivalent examination.
1) The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal through National Scholarship Portal by submitting passing certificate/ marksheet along with letter from the Head of the Institution on the online portal.
2) Student failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
Closing Date : 30-10-2020
Defective & Institute Verification : 15-11-2020