|Department||Government of Assam|
|Service||Apply For Caste Certificate Online|
|Eligibility||Residents of Assam|
Assam Caste Certificate
This citizen centric service is accessible to the common citizens in his locality through Internet, Common Service Centres “Arunodoy Kendra” and Public Facilitation Centres (PFCs) at DC, SDO & Circle Offices. Citizens at Village-level can access the service through CSCs. This certificate is dully digitally signed and can be verified online at http://edistrict.assam.gov.in/ .
The Assam e-District Project is a Mission Mode Project under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). This project is being implemented by the Information Technology Department, Government of Assam. This project aims to improve G2C interaction experience between the government and citizen. It aims at seamless service delivery of services to the citizen by enhancing the efficiencies at the districts.
The e-District project is aimed at delivering G2C service in all the existing 27 districts of the state. It will make Government Services accessible to the common man in his locality through Internet, Common Service Centres (Arunodoy CSCs) and Public Facilitation Centres(PFCs) at DC, SDO and Circle Offices. It is envisaged that electronic delivery of citizen centric services will ensure efficiency, transparency and reliability at affordable costs to the citizens.
Front-ends under the project, in the form of Public Facilitation Centres (PFCs),are built at District, Sub-division and Circle levels. Village-level front-ends are established through Arunodoy Common Services Centres (CSCs) for delivery of services.
Steps To Apply For Assam Caste Certificate Online
1. Visit Assam eDistrict Website
2. Enter Username and Password to Login. Note : The application allows only the authentic users to login to the system.
3. After successful login, users can apply for Caste Certificate online
1. Two copies of passport size photograph of the applicant,
2. Permanent resident certificate or any other proof of residency Caste certificate of parents or any supporting proof of caste status
3. Affidavit by the applicant or parents in lieu of (c).
4. Report of Gaonburah in case of rural areas/ Ward Commissioner in case of urban areas. (Recommendation of the Gaonburah / Ward Commissioner may be skipped if the parents of the applicant has already been issued SC Caste certificate).
5. Recommendation of President/Secretary of District President of Anuhushit Jati Parishad / Chairman of Scheduled Caste Development Board / President / Secretary of the Apex body of caste organizations authorized by Govt. as the case may be
Assam e-District Help Desk
Help Desk : 1-800-345-1100 (Toll Free), 0361- 2724222
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below