|Scheme||Central Government Health Scheme [CGHS]
|Service||Online Appointment Booking|
|Eligibility||Central Government Employees & Pensioners|
CGHS Bangalore Online Appointment System
Online appointment system has been enabled for all Doctors. For seeing GDMOs, the beneficiaries who have taken online appointment need not wait in queue at the reception and can go directly to the consultation room when their token number is called.
However, beneficiaries who have taken appointment for specialists need to register manually at the reception counter. The time allotted is only the reporting time and not the consultation time.
How To Apply For CGHS Online Appointment?
• Visit CGHS Portal
• Enter beneficiary ID and click on “Generate OTP”.
• An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent on registered mobile no of the beneficiary or to the main card holder’s mobile if that is the only registered number.
• Enter OTP and click on “Proceed”.
• Beneficiary details will be displayed on the screen. Click on “Proceed” button if the details displayed on the screen are correct, otherwise click on “NOT YOU”. In that case, login again and proceed.
• Select Specialty, Dispensary, Doctor as per your choice and click on “Proceed” button’.
• A beneficiary can select a GDMO (General Duty Medical Officer) or a Specialist of any of the CGHS Wellness Centre for appointment.
• A calendar is displayed to choose a date that has the availability of appointment for the selected doctor. Select date for appointment.
• On selecting date, top of the screen shows the slot timings and the appointments available. A beneficiary can choose the desired slot.
• Click on “Proceed to Book Appointment”. One can go back and make changes by using the ‘Change the Specialty’ button.
• On clicking the button “Proceed to Book Appointment”, beneficiary details and the appointment details are displayed on the screen for confirmation.
• Click on the option “Confirm to Book Appointment”, confirmation status page is displayed. One can print the confirmation slip, or book another appointment.
• System would also send an SMS to registered mobile number.
• Appointment for the GDMO can be taken within 72 hours of date of appointment whereas appointment for the Specialist can be taken within 15 days of date of appointment.
• Online appointment cannot be made for the same day/date (This window period may change depending upon the decisions taken from time to time).
• lf a self registered patient arrives at the indicative time slot and by that time his “Q” number has already passed, he will be called as very next patient, barring emergencies.
• However, if the indicative time slot has passed beyond half an hour then he will have to get fresh registration from Wellness Centre registration counter.
• If patient fails to turn up on appointed time thrice in a row the facility for him may be blocked for a month.
Beneficiary Do’s & Don’ts
• The Beneficiaries are examined at the Wellness Centres on first come first serve basis. Requested to cooperate.
• However, beneficiaries who are very sick or being carried to the unit for consultation, the infirm or attending in an Ambulance or any other circumstance which warrants an out of turn consultation shall be seen on a priority basis when brought to the notice of the Medical Officer.
• Wherever the Beneficiaries and their families present together, efforts will be made to see such cases so that they are seen as a family, unless as desired by the beneficiary or the circumstances so dictate.
• Preference shall also be given to Senior Citizens (80+) and Persons With Disabilities for an out of turn consultation and issue of medicines.
• The 80+ seniors are requested to respect the privacy of the ongoing consultation and wait till the person completes his/her consultation before entering the consulting room.
• However, when more than one senior citizen is awaiting their turn then they shall be seen as per their position in the queue, as it would be difficult to set norms for determining their inter seniority in the time frame available for consultation.
• Further, in the morning hours priority would be given to school children in uniform needing to go to school after the consultation;
• As also Serving Employees needing their fitness certificates for reporting for duty on expiry of Medical Leave.
• Always bring CGHS card (plastic/ self-printed) during every visit.
• For patients who have taken online appointment, the time slot allotted is only the reporting time and not the consultation time.
• Always carry previous prescriptions/results with you for each visit.
• There are lot of sick patients in the Wellness Centre. Silence is appreciated.
• You are requested to turn phone into silent mode before entering the consulting room.
• Patience is always appreciated.
• Approach CMO In-charge for all your grievances.
• Ensure that the quantities of all the medicines are correct before leaving the pharmacy counter itself.
• Issue of Medical certificate is at the discretion of treating Medical officer.
• Referral letters are not issued to patients who are already admitted.
• Private Doctor prescriptions are not normally honoured. It is at the discretion of the treating Doctor at the Wellness Centre.
• Any form of violence in Wellness Centres against Doctors/ Staff/ and destruction of property of CGHS shall be reported to the law enforcing authority according to the Karnataka Prohibition of Violence against Medicare Service Personnel and Damage to Propert in Medicare Service Institutions Act, 2009 & shall be liable for prosecution.
CGHS Bangalore Helpdesk
Email : cghs-helpdesk[at]lsmgr[dot]nic[dot]in
cghs bangalore hospital list , cghs hospital card , cghs bangalore claim status , cghs bangalore hospitals , central government health scheme bengaluru karnataka , cghs bangalore contact number , cghs bangalore website , cghs health card apply , cghs health card , cghs karnataka , cghs health card status
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below