|Announcement||NEC Stipend & Book Grant|
|Sponsored By||Nagaland Directorate of Higher Education|
|Eligibility||Students of North Eastern Region (NER)|
|Last Date||Will Be Updated Soon|
DHE Nagaland NEC Stipend & Book Grant
Financial Support to Students of North Eastern Region (NER) for Higher Professional Courses. The stipends and book grants are open only to a candidate who is a permanent resident of any of the States in the North East.
Check All DHE Nagaland Scholarships Here
The certificate to this effect obtained from the Deputy Commissioner of the district in which the candidate is a permanent resident must be produced by the candidate. Certificate from any other authority will not be accepted. However, for SC/ST applicants, the SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority can be considered as PRC.
1. The stipends and book grants are open only to a candidate who is a permanent resident of any of the States in the North East. The certificate to this effect obtained from the Deputy Commissioner of the district in which the candidate is a permanent resident must be produced by the candidate. Certificate from any other authority will not be accepted. However, for SC/ST applicants, the SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority can be considered as PRC.
2. The candidate should possess the relevant qualification from any recognized institution. An original certificate from the Institution of study must be produced by the candidate.
3. The student must not be in receipt of any other financial assistance from any other source, except National or State Merit Scholarship. A sponsored candidate under full employment during the period of study shall not be eligible to receive the stipend.
4. Financial assistance of stipend/book grant shall be admissible to students taking admission in the courses specified hereinafter in all institutes recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development/respective Ministry of the Government of India.
5. The stipend/book grant shall be tenable for the prescribed duration of a course. A student failing to pass in a particular year shall not receive further stipend till he/she passes the specific year of the course. The Institution shall certify to that effect and make specific recommendations thereto.
6. In-service candidates are not covered by this scheme.
7. The maximum marks for the grant of stipend should be 70% for General /OBC/MOBC and 60% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying examination for Diploma, Degree and PostGraduate courses.
8. Selection of students form M.Phil. and Ph.D should be done on the basis of topic of research which has relevance to N.E. Region.
9. Selection will be made on the basis of merit in all cases.
1. This form is only for fresh applicant who is studying in 1st year (Diploma/Degree/PG / M.Phil/Ph.D)level course OR Who is studying in 2nd 3rd 4th /Final year in Diploma/Degree/P.G/M.Phil/Ph.D level course who did not apply in the previous years.
2. The NEC Stipend and BOOK Grant are open only to a candidate who is a permanent resident of Nagaland. Eligible applicant should produce PRC (Permanent Residence Certificate) issued by the Deputy Commissioner of the District in which the applicant is a permanent resident. However for ST applicant the indigenous and the ST certificates issued by the competent authority will be considered as PRC.
3. The applicant should possess the relevant qualification from any recognized institution. An original certificate from the institution of study must be produced by the applicant. Minimum marks of grant of Stipend and Book Grant is 55% for General/OBC.MOBC and 50% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying examination of Diploma, Degree and Post Graduate Courses.
4. The applicant must not be in receipt of any other financial assistance from any other source or any other Scholarship.
5. This Scheme shall be admissible to applicant who is studying in the course approved by NEC only (check the list of the approved course from the office) and is studying in the Institute recognized by the ministry of Human Resource Development/respective Ministry Govt. of India.
1. This form is only for the applicant who was in receipt of NEC Stipend and Book Grant in the previous years for studying of a particular course in one stage and wish to apply for renewal of scholarship for studying in the next stage of the same course (e.g. Diploma II,III/Degree II/III,IV/P.G II/M.Phil Final level of course.
2. Renewal of stipend and Book Grant is not An automatic process and is subject to fulfillment of certain terms and conditions by the stipend holders.
3. Renewal of stipend and Book- grant is generally for a period of one year i.e from 1st april to 31st march of the next year.
4. Stipend holders shall apply for renewal of stipend and book – grant on a yearly basis. However , stipend holders from the Medical Science stream may apply for renewal after completion of each professional examination.
5. While applying for renewal the stipend holder shall fill up the renewal form completely . Marksheets, Pass Certificates for the previous year shall be enclosed. Ph.D/M.Phil students while applying for renewal shall enclosed the latest progress report from the Guide countersigned by the Registrar. The filled in renewal forms shall be submitted to the Head of the educational institution for recommendation.
How To Apply For NEC Stipend?
1. Go to Nagaland Online Scholarship Portal
2. Click on Register button
3. Provide an active Valid email ID.
4. Kindly verify and confirm the spelling of the email provided before submitting the Registration Fsorm to ensure delivery of email.
5. An email Verification Link will be sent to the email provided.
6. On clicking the verification link you will be redirected to the Dashboard.
7. Scholarship applications are available in the Dashboard. Fill the form and Submit.
(a) A Xerox attested copies of certificates / marksheets and admit cards from matriculations (class 10) onwards till the last relevant final examination passed.
(b) Admission Receipt.
(c) Two recent passports – self attested.(2.5 X 2.5 cm)
(d) Bank Passbook Front Page Xerox
(e) A Xerox attested copy of PRC (Permanent Residential Certificate) issued by Deputy Commissioner only.
(f) ST applicant of Nagaland can submit a Xerox attested copies of Indigenous Certificate and Schedule Tribe Certificate in place PRC.
(g) Income certificate of parental income of less than 4,50,000(4.5 Lakh) to be produced in Rs 20 affidavit.
(h) For M.Phil and Ph.D applicant
(i) A Xerox attested copy of the Registration Card.
(ii) A copy of the synopsis of the Research Certified by then guide.
Call : 7005405552
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org