|Announcement||Post Matric Scholarship For OBC Students 2020-21|
||Punjab Department of Social Justice,Empowerment & Minorities|
|Scholarship Value||Maintenance Allowance, Study Tour Charges & More|
|Last Date||04th January 2021|
Punjab OBC Post Matric Scholarship
Dr.Ambedkar Punjab Scholarship Portal is open for Student. Every Student has to register again. Both New and Renewal Students.
1. Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum shall be eligible for post-matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non-refundable fees.
2. In case of unemployed students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum will be entitled for the scholarship under the Scheme.
3. The scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to OBCs, as notified by the State Govt.
4. These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions
5. Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. I. Sc. after I.A or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another subject will not be eligible.
6. Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g., LLB after B.T/B. Ed will not be eligible
7. Students studying in XI Class of the Higher Secondary School courses or the XII class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course.
8. Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
9. Students who after failing or passing the Under Graduate/Post-Graduate examinations in Arts/science/Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible.
10. No subsequent failure will be condoned except courses in Group ‘A’ and no further change in the course will be allowed.
11. Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses will be eligible towards reimbursement of non-refundable fee.
12. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education. Besides reimbursement of non-refundable fee, such students will also be eligible for an annual allowance of Rs. 900/- for essential/prescribed books, as applicable.
The value of scholarship will include Maintenance Allowance, Reader Charges for blind students, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, Study Tour Charges/thesis typing/printing charges and book allowance for students pursuing correspondence course, for complete duration of the course
Scholars will be paid enrolment/registration, tuition, games, union, library, magazine, medical examination and such other fees compulsorily payable by the scholar to the institution or University/Board. Refundable deposit-like caution money, security deposit will, however, be excluded.
Study tour charges upto a maximum of Rs. 900/- per annum limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc., will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses, provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar for completion of his/her course of study.
Thesis Typing /Printing Charges:
Thesis typing/printing charges upto a maximum of Rs. 1000 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
How To Apply?
Register to apply for scholarships online
Last date for scholarship application is 04th January 2021.
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below