|Announcement||GP Birla Scholarship 2020|
|Sponsored By||G.P. Birla Educational Foundation|
|Eligibility||Students Passed 12th in 2020|
|Scholarship Last Date||15th September, 2020|
GP Birla Scholarship
The Trust has been established to carry forward the cherished dream of Late Shri G. P. Birla, the renowned Industrialist and Philanthropist, to promote education, develop human resources and empower the youth of the Country.
Check All West Bengal Scholarships Here
1. Students, male or female, from West Bengal, who have in the year 2020, passed class XII examination
2. Have secured 80% marks or more from WBCHSE or 85% or more from ISC/CBSE and whose family income is less than Rs. 3,00,000/- per year and as such are in need of financial help to pursue further studies.
3. For students who have secured 95% or more from WBCHSE or 97% or more from ISC/CBSE , maximum family income criteria may be relaxed in the specific cases at the discretion of the Trustees.
Further studies may be in any stream including Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Lawor professional courses such as Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretaryship and Cost Accountancy if being pursuedalong withUnder Graduationdegree Course, in any recognized University/Institution in India.
1. Scholarship amount, to be granted to a limited number of selected students, will be to cover Tuition Fees and Hostel Fees, [where applicable], subject to a ceiling of Rs. 50,000/- per student per year.
2. The Scholarship will be granted students for one year at a time and to be continued upon satisfactory performance by the Student in the preceding year, as evaluated by the Trust, up to completion of the Course subject to a ceiling of 4 years, on yearly basis.
3. Additional onetime payment of Rs. 7000/- towards purchase of Books in 1st Year shall also be given.
1. For selection of Students for Scholarship, an Expert Panel, will review the applications received and interview shortlisted prospective candidates.
2. Interview may be scheduled in October 2020 or later when it is safe and practical to do so, date for which will be communicated to shortlisted candidates.
3. The decision of the Expert Panel will be final. It is expected that financial support of GP Birla Educational Foundation will help produce future leaders of the country.
How To Apply?
Eligible Students who meet the above criteria of merit, and need financial assistance for pursuing further studies, may apply in the prescribed Form available in application section. Applications may be made online or in offline mode.
Application may be made in Offline Mode:
Eligible Students applying for scholarship through offline mode should fill up the prescribed Form and send completed application form along with enclosures to:
G.P. Birla Educational Foundation,
78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata – 700019
(Landmark. Calcutta Ice Skating Rink)
Application may be made in Online Mode:
Eligible Students applying for scholarship through online mode should fill up the available form online after reading the instructions below
1. Before initiating filling up of the application, students / Parents / guardian are advised to keep the following documents handy:
a. Scanned Colour Photograph (.jpg max size 30KB)
b. Annual Family Income Proof Certificate (.pdf max size 2MB) :
1. Copy of Form 16 or Salary Certificate, in case the Father or Mother is in Employment with Government or Private Sector, or
2. Copy of Income Tax Return or Certificate from Tahsildars, Councillors,etc in any other case.
c. Copy of Class XII Marksheet (.pdf max size 2MB).
d. Proof of admission (if admission has been taken) at a university or college in which the applicant shall pursue further studies (.pdf max size 2MB).
2. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form are given below
|Email Id||Provide correct email id, as all the communications will be sent to this email Id.|
|Mark obtained (%)||WBCHSE. %age of total marks out of 500 (As per results)
ISC/CBSE. %age of best of 4 Papers out of 400 (One Language paper compulsory)
3. After submitting the application, unique application no. shall be generated which shall be kept for future reference.
4. If student wants to update any information in the submitted application he/she may do so through “existing applicant’s login here” till the last date of recipt of application.
5. If application is made online, the application form need not by sent by post.
6. Shortlisted students shall be intimated through email about dates time and place of interview.
Last date for receipt of application: 15th September, 2020.