|Department||Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority|
|Service||Apply For Driving License Renewal Online
|Eligibility||Tamil Nadu Residents|
Tamil Nadu Driving Licence Renewal
Application for renewal of driving licence can be made within 30 days from the date of expiry of validity. DL holders of heavy transport vehicles should undergo one day refresher course as per the Government Notification at the approved driving schools.
Applicant who wants to renewal of his / her license, has to apply in online. Necessary fees can be paid in online. Documents also can be uploaded in online. The driving licence will be renewed for the period of five years in respect of Non-Transport Vehicle and three years for Transport vehicles.If driving License expired more than 5 years ago, a fresh driving test will be conducted for renewal of the License.
Tamil Nadu Driving Licence Renewal Application
• Visit Sarathi Parivahan Website
• Select State ‘Tamil Nadu’
• Select ‘Apply For DL Renewal’ Option
• Fill Applicant/Request Details
• Upload Documents (if required)
• Upload Photo and Signature if required (applicable only in certain states)
• Driving Licence Test Slot Booking -required only for Additional Endorsement of Driving Licence(AEDL)
• Payment of Fee
• Verify the Pay Status
• Print the Receipt
Tamil Nadu Driving Licence Renewal Fees
• Fee for Renewal of Transport vehicle DL is Rs.450/-.
• Fee for Renewal of Non-Transport vehicle DL is Rs.500/-.
Tamil Nadu Driving Licence Renewal Required Documents
• Application in Form-2 generated through online
• Medical Certificate in Form1-A ( in case of the applicant who obtained Non transport vehicle DL has completed the age of 40 years old or holder having valid DL for transport vehicle ).
1) Select the RTO whose jurisdiction falls under the current Present Address of the Driving Licence Holder.
2) If you are applying for Renewal of Driving Licence and if you are aged above 40 years, please be ready with Form 1-A duly signed by an Authorised Registered Medical Practitioner.
3) DL Number can be entered in any format. For example if DL Number is : RJ-14/DLC/00/91059 then it can be entered in any one of the below mentioned formats :
i) RJ14 20000091059 or
ii) RJ1420000091059 or
iii) RJ14 /2000/0091059 or
tamilnadu driving licence renewal, tamilnadu driving licence status, tamilnadu driving licence download, tamilnadu driving licence address change, tamilnadu driving licence number, tamilnadu driving licence renewal status, tamilnadu driving licence number format, tamilnadu driving licence renewal extension, tamilnadu driving licence online registration, tamilnadu driving licence apply, tamilnadu driving licence aadhar link, tamilnadu driving licence age limit, tamilnadu driving licence application, tamilnadu driving licence documents required, tamilnadu driving licence documents, tn driving licence documents, tamilnadu driving licence fees, tamilnadu driving licence fees details, tamilnadu driving licence form 1, how to download tamilnadu driving licence, heavy driving licence tamilnadu
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below