- 1 Overview
- 2 Tamil Nadu Learner Licence (LLR)
- 3 Tamil Nadu Learner Licence Eligibility
- 4 Tamil Nadu Learner Licence Application
- 5 Tamil Nadu Learner Licence Fees
- 6 Tamil Nadu Learner Licence Required Documents
- 7 Tamil Nadu Learner Licence Test Syllabus
|Department||Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority|
|Service||Apply For Learner Licence [LLR] Online|
|Eligibility||Tamil Nadu Residents|
Tamil Nadu Learner Licence (LLR)
Before applying for DL, one should get learner licence (LLR commonly called). One who completed 18 years, can apply for LLR through online in https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/ You can select your RTO/MVI office with the help of Pincode.
You can apply for LLR either directly or through recognised driving schools. Online portal is self-guided and fill up all information required. You have to upload all the necessary documents such as address proof, age proof and medical certificate if applicant age is more than 40 years etc.
You can make fees either by online or through nearest SBI branch by offline. Once payment done you can fix the appointment in online itself to take photographs at the RTO/MVI office to avoid unnecessary waiting time. At the end of the process, you will get barcode/QR code acknowledgement slip.
Take print out of the acknowledgement slip and visit to the RTO/MVI office on the appointment day and time (you can reach just half an hour before the appointment time). After scrutinizing your application by the Motor Vehicles Inspector, photographs will be taken and you can get LLR print out from portal. This LLR is valid for six months and you can apply for DL of your choice within one month of LLR issue date.
If applicant failed in Learner Licence test, he/she can reappear for test on the next day onwards after paying necessary fees. If LLR is expired the applicant has to apply fresh.
Tamil Nadu Learner Licence Eligibility
Tamil Nadu Learner Licence Age Limit
Any person who has completed 16 years of age may get a license for driving a Motor Cycle without Gear – Not exceeding 50 cc.(with parental consent ) Any person who has completed 18 years of age may get a license for driving a Motor Cycle with Gear and Light Motor Vehicle. Any person who has completed 20 years of age and passed 8 th standard with valid DL and one year driving experience, can apply for Heavy Motor Vehicle (HMV).
Tamil Nadu Learner Licence Educational Qualification
There is no minimum educational qualification for driving non transport vehicle such as Car, Motor cycle, Tractor etc. To obtain driving licence for transport vehicles (Goods vehicle, Bus, taxi etc), the applicant should have minimum educational qualification of pass in 8th standard.
Tamil Nadu Learner Licence Application
Click Here For Learner’s License Online Application
Tamil Nadu Learner Licence Fees
• Fee for LLR for single class of vehicle Rs.230/-.
• Fee for LLR for double class of vehicle Rs.380/-.
Tamil Nadu Learner Licence Required Documents
• Application in Form-2 generated through Online
• Age proof.
• Address proof.
• Medical Certificate in Form No.1-A. (in case of Transport vehicle and the age of the applicant is more than 40 years old).
• Application cum Declaration as to the Physical Fitness Form-1.
Tamil Nadu Learner Licence Test Syllabus
• Traffic signs & signals, rules of the road regulations made.
• Duties of driver during involvement in accident.
• Precautions to be taken while passing un-manned railway crossing.
• The Documents he/she should carry with him while driving a vehicle.
tamil nadu learners license test , tamilnadu learner licence, learner licence fees in tamilnadu , tamil nadu learners license online application , tamil nadu learners licence online registration , tamil nadu learners license
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below