|Department||Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection|
|Service||Application For New Family Ration Card|
|Eligibility||Residents of Tamil Nadu|
Tamil Nadu New Ration Card Application
Government of Tamil Nadu, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department Application For New Family Card
Who Can Apply For New Ration Card?
• The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens
• The applicant and his/her family must be living and cooking separately
• The applicant and his/her family must be ordinarily resident in Tamil Nadu
• The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India
• The applicant or any of his/her family members must not be a member in any other family card in Tamil Nadu
• The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives
How To Apply For New Ration Card In Tamil Nadu?
• Downloadable application form for new ration card or family card provided by Co-operation, Food and Consumer Protection Department, Tamil Nadu is given. Users can download and fill the form according to their requirement.
• In Chennai city and its belt areas, filled in applications with documents must be filed with Assistant Commissioner of Civil Supplies of the zone in which the applicant lives.
• Applicants can contact the above offices over telephone if there are doubts over the jurisdiction office of the area in which he/she is resident.
• In districts other than Chennai, Taluk Supply Officers of the Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department or Assistant Rationing Officers (in Coimbatore city) concerned of the area in which the applicant lives is competent to receive applications for family cards.
• Applicants are requested to obtain an acknowledgement slip at the counter in the Assistant Commissioner’s or Taluk Supply Office concerned.
• Applicants may also chose to send the application by post. However, it would be wise to send it by Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due (RPAD) to ensure that there is proof of submission.
Documents Required For New Ration Card
Application (in the new format above) should be filled up completely, signed or thumb-impression and submitted along other documents below. Incomplete forms are liable for rejection. The following documents need to be attached:
• Proof of applicant’s current residence in Tamil Nadu (copy of original document)
• Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC), OR
• Property tax payment receipt in case of own house (current year), OR
• Electricity Bill (last month), OR
• Telephone Bill (last month) , OR
• Front Page of Bank Pass Book, OR
• Allotment orders in respect of persons residing at houses allotted by Slum Clearance Board, OR
• Passport, OR
• Currently valid tenancy agreement (in case of rented house), AND
• Surrender Certificate along with relevant family card issued by the card issuing authority if any card is issued in the previous address, OR
• Name Deletion Certificate from the parent or guardian family card or Non-inclusion of name Certificate issued by the card issuing authority in the previous address, OR
• No card certificate issued by the card issuing authority, if there is no family card in the previous address, AND
• Particulars regarding earlier application for family card, including registration number and details of rejection, if any? AND
• Details of LPG connection, if any, with details of name of consumer in whose name it is registered, consumer number, LPG agency and Oil Company name. AND
• Mobile Number or Email addresses may be filled up in the format to enable this department to send an automated message (to be activated by end 2008) to the applicant on the status of the application. AND
• A self addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard to enable the office to communicate the results to the applicant.
• Government of Tamil Nadu have prescribed Rs.5 as the fee for a new ration card. This amount has to be paid to the AC or TSO office concerned
• Applicants are requested NOT to pay any bribes to any staff or antisocial elements (brokers). Any such requests may be reported to this office by email to the Commissioner, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection.
• As soon as the application is filed, the applicant must collect the acknowledgement slip with the office seal, date of application, serial number and date of final disposal.
• Government of Tamil Nadu has fixed the time limit for passing orders on applications for new ration as 60 days from the date of application.
• Once, the application is found eligible for issue of a new family card, the card is sent for printing.
• As soon as the printed card arrives in the office, the Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer has to send a post card to the applicant requesting him/her to collect the ration card in person with the acknowledgement slip within 15 days.
• In case the application is rejected, the Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer has to send a post card to the applicant indicating the reasons for rejection within 60 days of the application date.
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below