|Department||Transport Commissionerate and State Transport Authority|
|Service||Apply For Vehicle Temporary Registration|
|Eligibility||Tamil Nadu Residents|
Tamil Nadu Temporary Registration of Motor Vehicles
No vehicle should be driven in any public road with-out registration. Permanent registration may take some time, moving vehicle from dealer to registering authority, where temporary registration should be done.
The owner of a motor vehicle may apply to the registering authority, where the dealer situated (RTO) or other prescribed authority to have the vehicle temporarily registered. Such temporary registration shall be valid only for a monthe. Meantime, owner should take effort to complete the permanent registration.
The vehicle should be produced before the registering authority Regional Transport Officer (RTO) or Motor Vehicle Inspector (MVI). Generally, Dealer shall apply on behalf of the owner of the vehicle.
Steps To Apply For Vehicle Temporary Registration
For Temporary Registration
• Apply for temporary registration of a motor vehicle in Form 20 to the Registering Authority in whose jurisdiction the vehicle is or to the dealer dealing in the sale of New Motor Vehicles Recognised by the Transport Commissioner
• Provide copies of Sale Certificate, Insurance Certificate and Road worthiness Certificate
• Pay tax and fee as specified in Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989 for temporary registration
For Extension of Temporary Registration
• You can apply for the extension of the period of temporary registration to the Registering Authority by specifying the reason and period up to which the extension is required.
• You can apply for the extension of the temporary registration for maximum two times.
• In case you have already applied for extension once and are again applying for extension, you will have to pay the penalty as per Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989.
• Pay fee and tax for extension as specified in in Rule 81 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989
Fees For Vehicle Temporary Registration
• IDP Class of Vehicle Fees Rs.1500/-.
Documents Required For Vehicle Temporary Registration
• Application Form 20 generated through online. (If it is covered with HP in Duplicate).
• Sale Certificate in Form 21.
• Initial certificate of compliance with pollution standards and road worthiness certificate in Form-22 from the manufacturer.
• Initial certificate of compliance with pollution standards and road worthiness certificate in Form-22 A, (Part II) where body is fabricated.
• Pan card or GIR or Form-60/61 of I.T. Department.
• Insurance Certificate.
• Proof of address.
vehicle registration tamil nadu number, car registration tamil nadu, new vehicle registration tamil nadu, vehicle re registration tamil nadu, check vehicle registration tamil nadu, vehicle e registration tamil nadu, vehicle registration code tamil nadu, temporary vehicle registration tamil nadu, tamil nadu vehicle registration address search, tamil nadu vehicle registration app, tamil nadu all vehicle registration, tamil nadu vehicle registration area code, tamil nadu vehicle registration number availability, rto new vehicle registration avadi tamil nadu, tamil nadu vehicle registration number booking, tamil nadu vehicle details by registration number, ap vehicle registration department, ap vehicle registration online, ap vehicle registration, vehicle registration number check tamil nadu, tamil nadu vehicle registration certificate download, tamil nadu vehicle registration code list, tamil nadu current vehicle registration number, tamil nadu vehicle registration charges, tamil nadu vehicle registration check online, vehicle registration details tamil nadu, vehicle registration department tamil nadu
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below