||The J.N Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians|
|Eligibility||Indian Nationals For Overseas Studies|
|Scholarship Amount||Loan scholarship ranges between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-|
|Last Date||8th March 2021|
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship
The J. N. Tata Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship to Indian nationals at the beginning of the academic year for Postgraduate/Ph.D./Postdoctoral/Research fellowships studies abroad, in all fields, irrespective of caste, creed, gender or community.
The amount to be awarded to each scholar by way of the loan scholarship is determined on the basis of the norms laid down for the purpose, and does not cover the full cost of studies. The amount awarded as the loan scholarship ranges between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-. All selected scholars do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount.
Who Can Apply?
1. Candidates should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognised Indian University and have secured at least 60% in their last academic examination. If you do not have an undergraduate degree from a recognised University in India, you are not eligible to apply.
2. Candidates who are at the beginning of the second year of their overseas studies (Fall 2021 – Spring 2022) are also eligible to apply. This is applicable only if the minimum duration of course is 2 years. J N Tata scholars who have fully repaid their existing loan scholarship account are eligible to apply.
3. Candidates in the final year of the degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply. Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters, at the time of making the application, from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2021-2022. However they must update their applications status with the Endowment once they secure admission.
4. Candidates not older than 45 years as on 30th June, 2021, with a good academic record and experience in their fields, specialisation or training may also apply.
5. Candidates going abroad for seminars, conferences and undergraduate studies are not eligible for the J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
The selected scholars may also be recommended for a gift scholarship and partial travel assistance from our allied Trusts as may be decided at the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts. A gift scholarship can be for a maximum amount of Rs.7,50,000/- and the travel grant can be a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
How To Apply?
Candidates have to create a login ID and password to be able to apply. Please note that you may create only one Login ID using your email ID. You may directly complete the application form online in one visit or more than one visit but you must remember to save the draft before you exit each time. You may preview the application before submitting it.
1. Apart from consistent academic performance, we give importance to participation in both co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
2. A good GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS score is extremely important for those applying overseas. If you have received a low GRE score, it may be advisable to improve upon it, to increase your chances of receiving the loan scholarship.
3. The statement of purpose carries considerable weight in the selection process. We have provided some guidance on our web site on how you can construct a good statement of purpose. Please ensure that your statement of purpose is written by you and free from plagiarism.
4. After the initial screening of applications, candidates are shortlisted to undergo an online test which will be based on the lines of Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA), on Sunday, 11th April, 2021.
5. Timing and other details will be informed accordingly. Candidates shortlisted based on the online test will be called for an interview.
6. Such candidates should upload scanned copies of the required documents on the application form portal in the upload documents section, before the time of the interview.
Registrations are open till Monday, 8th March 2021 till 12.00 noon
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Tel: +91-22-6665 7681 / 7198 / 7774
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below