|Scholarship||Post Matric Scholarship 2021|
|Department||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of Karnataka|
|Eligibility||Backward Classes Students|
|Application Mode||Online through State Scholarship Portal [SSP]|
|Last Date||20th April 2021|
BCWD Post Matric Scholarship 2021
Online applications are invited for Post Matric Scholarship for year 2020-21.
Who Can Apply?
1. He/she must be a citizen of India and Permanent Resident of Karnataka and belong to the caste included in Backward Classes list specified by the Government of India or the State Government.
2. Backward classes who are pursuing post-matric education in government / local body / Aided instituiion / Recognized unaided private institutionsaffiliated to the statutory universities of Karnataka are eligible for post-matric scholarships.
3. Students admitted to government hostels / residential colleges are not eligible for post-matric scholarships.
4. Annual income limit has been fixed at Rs. 2.50 lakh for Category- I students and Rs. 1.00 lakh for Category – 2A, 3A, and 3B.
5. The minimum percentage set to get scholarship for new and renewed students in previous classes.
|2||Category-2A, 3A and 3B||50%||60%|
6. If attending the equivalent courses more than once, Not eligible for scholarships.
7. Only two male members of the same family are eligible for the scheme. This restriction does not apply to females.
8. Post-matric scholarships per month for post-matric students attending various courses for a period of 10 months will be granted after considering eligibility and income limit.
|SL.No.||Group||Rate of scholarships granted (Annual)|
|1||Group – A||3500/-|
|2||Group – B||3350/-|
|3||Group – C||2100/-|
|4||Group – D||1600/-|
1. Applications are invited from eligible students in SSP software through online.
2. Students have to submit online Application alongwith prescribed documents and bank account number and IFSC code, caste and income certificate, previous class marks card etc through online and submit the hard copy to concerned colleges.
3. College Principals and Inspection Officers willreview the application and documents at the relevant level and Confirm Online and the said documents should be submitted to the concerned taluk backward classes welfware officers.
4. Taluk Backward Classes Welfare Officerwill Check, verify and Confirm Online.
5. District Backward Classes Welfare Officerwill Check above said information.
6. The scholarship will be granted to the eligible students on the basis of merit and marks in accordance with the district grant made available in the respective year.
7. Selected eligible applications will be granted scholarships on reservation policy and deposited directly into the student’s bank account through Treasury-2 software, in accordance with the respective year’s budget.
How To Apply For Scholarship?
• Visit State Scholarship Portal
• Click on “Create Account” link to create your login account to apply for Post-Matric Scholarship in SSP.
• Student Account Creation will be a one-time process in SSP – Post-Matric. Student need not create his/her account in SSP to apply for Post-Matric
• Select your Scheme from the “ Select Scheme ” drop-down. (Social Welfare/ Tribal Welfare/ Minorities Welfare/ Backward Classes Welfare/ Medical Education/ Technical Education/ AYUSH/ Karnataka Brahmin Development Board/ Directorate of Disabilities Welfare).
• Select your Caste Category from the “Select Category” drop-down. Select whether you have Aadhaar or not.
• If you have Aadhaar, then click on “Yes” radio-button. Enter your Aadhaar number, Name as in Aadhaar, Gender, CAPTCHA, click on Aadhaar Consent checkbox and then click on “PROCEED” button.
• If you do not have Aadhaar, then click on “No” radio-button. Enter your EID number (Aadhaar Enrolment Number), Name as in EID, Gender, CAPTCHA, click on EID Consent checkbox and then click on “PROCEED” button.
• The student must provide only his or her parent’s e-mail and mobile number only. The student’s Identification Number & password, OTP and other important instructions will be sent by the State Scholarship Portal for the student’s e-mail and mobile number entered by the student. Do not give e-mail and mobile numbers of teacher/ cyber- centre personnel/unrelated person.
• Enter Your Mobile Number & the OTP sent to your Mobile Number in the input fields provided.
• Create Password for your Post-Matric Scholarship account.
• Enter password for your login account in the “ Password ” input field (Password should contain minimum 8 characters with at least 1 digit).
• Re-enter the password in the “Confirm Password” input field. Click on “Submit” button.
• Select your Religion from the “ Religion ” drop-down list.(Students belonging to
• Minority Communities should mandatorily enter NSP ID in the input field provided)
• Select your Caste category from the “Category” drop-down list.
• Enter your Caste & Income Certificate RD Numbers/EWS Certificate RD Number in the input fields provided. Click on “Check” button. Click on “Save & Proceed” button.
• Enter your Ration Card Number(APL/BPL) in the input fields provided. Click on “Save & Proceed” button. .
• Student login Account will be created after this step is completed. User ID & Password will be sent to registered mobile number of the student.
• Login to your Account using your login ID and password.
• Click on “ Apply for Post-Matric Scholarship ” link in the Student Account
• Fill the Scholarship Form and Submit
• Student’s SATS Identification Number n / College Registration Number Aadhaar number of student and parent
• Student’s mobile number
• Number of Certificates of Caste / Income / Economically Weaker section (for Brahmin students only) starting with RD in the student’s name
• The numbers of e-authenticated documents
• Disability Card Number issued by the Government of India
Last date for Post Matric Scholarship 2021 is 20.04.2021.
BCWD Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
BCWD Helpline Number : 8050770004/8050770005
SSP Email : email@example.com
Helpline Number : 080-35254757
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below