|Scholarship||Fee Concession Scholarship 2021|
|Department||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of Karnataka|
|Eligibility||Backward Classes Students|
|Application Mode||Online through State Scholarship Portal [SSP]|
|Last Date||20th April 2021|
BCWD SSP Fee Concession Scholarship
Online applications are invited for Fee Concession Scholarship for year 2020-21
Who Can Apply?
1. He/she must be Citizen of India and a Permanent Resident of Karnataka and belong to the caste included in the Backward Classes Notified by Government of India or State Government.
2. Students pursuing post-matric courses in government / local Insititutions / Aided Insititutions / non-aided recognised private institutions, affiliated to the statutory universities of Karnataka.
3. The annual income of the student’s father / mother / guardian family must be within the maximum limits set forth below to avail the facility.
• Rs.1.50 lakh for students of Category I and
• Rs.1.00 Lakhs for students of all religions, castes and communities belonging to other backward classes listed by the Government of India or State Government
• Students belonging to the Social Welfare / Scheduled Tribesand Minority Welfare Departments are not eligible for these benefits from the Backward Classes Welfare Department.
4. New and Renewal students must have passed with the minimum marks mentioned below in the previous year’s annual examination in order to avail the facility.
|1||Category-1 and blind students||40%||50%|
|2||Category-2A, 3A and 3B||50%||60%|
5.a) Student attending the equivalent courses more than once are not be eligible.
b) Students attending postgraduate medical courses are not eligible for this facility if they are practicing medicine during the course.
c) Students who have passed in , Science, and Commerce courses, Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees and attending approved Professional or Technical Certificate, Diploma, Degree Courses and if they are otherwise eligible, they are entitled to the benefits of the scheme. Those who have changed courses more than once are not eligible.
d) Only two male members of the same family are eligible for the scheme. However, this restriction does not apply to girl students.
6.a) Fees eligible for the exemption: Only the following five fees are exempted from the rates set by the State Level Committee.
• Tuition fees
• Laboratory fee (only for the courses in which courses are required by the laboratory)
• Examination fee
• Sports fee
• Library fees
b) Readers Charges
Blind students attending post-matric courses are exempted from the below rates and will be paid the following:
|Group of course||(For 10 months) (in Rs)|
|Group – A, B||1750/-|
|Group – C||1300/-|
|Group – D||900/-|
How To Apply?
• Visit State Scholarship Portal
• Click on “Create Account” link to create your login account to apply for Scholarship in SSP.
• Student Account Creation will be a one-time process in SSP. Student need not create his/her account in SSP to apply for Scholarship
• Select your Scheme from the “ Select Scheme ” drop-down. (Social Welfare/ Tribal Welfare/ Minorities Welfare/ Backward Classes Welfare/ Medical Education/ Technical Education/ AYUSH/ Karnataka Brahmin Development Board/ Directorate of Disabilities Welfare).
• Select your Caste Category from the “Select Category” drop-down. Select whether you have Aadhaar or not.
• If you have Aadhaar, then click on “Yes” radio-button. Enter your Aadhaar number, Name as in Aadhaar, Gender, CAPTCHA, click on Aadhaar Consent checkbox and then click on “PROCEED” button.
• If you do not have Aadhaar, then click on “No” radio-button. Enter your EID number (Aadhaar Enrolment Number), Name as in EID, Gender, CAPTCHA, click on EID Consent checkbox and then click on “PROCEED” button.
• The student must provide only his or her parent’s e-mail and mobile number only. The student’s Identification Number & password, OTP and other important instructions will be sent by the State Scholarship Portal for the student’s e-mail and mobile number entered by the student. Do not give e-mail and mobile numbers of teacher/ cyber- centre personnel/unrelated person.
• Enter Your Mobile Number & the OTP sent to your Mobile Number in the input fields provided.
• Create Password for your Scholarship account.
• Enter password for your login account in the “ Password ” input field (Password should contain minimum 8 characters with at least 1 digit).
• Re-enter the password in the “Confirm Password” input field. Click on “Submit” button.
• Select your Religion from the “ Religion ” drop-down list.(Students belonging to
• Minority Communities should mandatorily enter NSP ID in the input field provided)
• Select your Caste category from the “Category” drop-down list.
• Enter your Caste & Income Certificate RD Numbers/EWS Certificate RD Number in the input fields provided. Click on “Check” button. Click on “Save & Proceed” button.
• Enter your Ration Card Number(APL/BPL) in the input fields provided. Click on “Save & Proceed” button. .
• Student login Account will be created after this step is completed. User ID & Password will be sent to registered mobile number of the student.
• Login to your Account using your login ID and password.
• Click on “ Apply for Fee Concession Scholarship” link in the Student Account
• Fill the Scholarship Form and Submit
Last date for Fee Concession Scholarship 2021 is 20.04.2021.
BCWD Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
BCWD Helpline Number : 8050770004/8050770005
SSP Email : email@example.com
Helpline Number : 080-35254757
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below