|Announcement||BPL Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2020-21|
||Kerala Directorate of Higher Secondary Education [DHSE]|
|Eligibility||BPL Category Students|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 5000/-|
|Application Starts||14th December 2020|
Keral DHSE BPL Scholarship
Government of Kerala has introduced a comprehensive merit-cum-means scholarship scheme for the Higher Secondary students of Government and Aided schools whose parents or guardians come under the BPL category.
Who Can Apply?
1. The students of the Government and Aided Higher Secondary schools only are eligible for the BPL scholarship.
2. Those students whose parents or guardians come under the BPL category and who have secured higher grades in their SSLC/any other equivalent examination are eligible to be selected for the scholarship.
The amount of scholarship was fixed at Rs. 5000/-.
How To Apply?
Online Registration for Merit Cum Means Scholarship For BPL Students in Higher Secondary Courses
1. The weightage of Grade Point Average (WGPA), without bonus points, of the SSLC/equivalent exam calculated at the time of admission to the first year course (Std. XI) is the criterion for deciding merit.
2. The BPL list published by the competent authority shall be taken as the criterion for deciding means.
3. If two or more candidates belonging to the BPL category have equal WGPA, the following additional criteria shall also be followed in the order of priority
a. Students whose parents are no more.
b. Children of unwedded mothers.
c. Candidates whose mother is a widow or legally separated or divorced or unwedded mothers.
d. Students whose father alone is alive.
e. Candidates whose parents suffer from incurable disease like cancer, heart ailments, leprosy. TB, AIDS, Kidney ailments, stroke related paralysis, and lunacy.
f. Children of differently abled parents.
g.Either father or the mother engaged in any traditional industries like coir, cashew, beedi, handloom, pottery, brick or tile making industries, Match industries, etc.
h. Parents having no land or house of his/her own.
4. The candidates who are eligible for the scholarship in the first year will be eligible for the same in the second year also provided he/she shall obtain D+ or above in the annual examination at least through two chances and whose percentage of attendance shall be at least 70%.
5. The eligible candidates belonging to the general category shall be selected by the Selection Committee at the school level.
6. The selection of eligible candidates belonging to the SC/ST communities shall be done by the district level Review Committee from among the list of candidates selected by School Level Selection Committee.
7. The number of scholarships allotted to each district shall be intimated to the Review Committee by the Directors concerned.
8. The candidates coming under the sports, arts and differently abled categories shall be selected by the Director from among the list forwarded by the school level selection committee.
9. The community status of Candidates belonging to SC/ST will be decided based on school records.
Medal winners of national and then state level sports/games events shall be considered for that category and certificates to that effect shall be produced by them.
10. They will be ranked based on the position they achieved (First, Second and third). In the absence of medal winners, participation at the national and state level will also be considered.
11. Those who have scored A grade in the state school youth festival will be considered for that category.
12. The candidates who belong to the differently abled category shall produce the certificate from the competent medical board to the effect that they have at least 40% disability
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below