|Department||Department of Agriculture & Cooperation and Farmers Welfare|
|Service||mKisan Farmer Registration|
|Service Mode||SMS/ Call Centre/ Online|
mKisan Farmer Registration
mKisan SMS Portal for farmers enables all Central and State government organizations in agriculture and allied sectors to give information/services/advisories to farmers by SMS in their language, preference of agricultural practices and location.
How To Register Through Call Centre?
• Farmers can call up Kisan Call Center (KCC) through a toll free number 1800-180-1551.
• Registration of the farmers is done by Kisan Call Centre Agent at the Kisan Call Centre who records personal details of the farmer in the Kisan Knowledge Management System (KKMS).|
• Farmer is then asked to opt for his mode of receiving information/advice i.e. Text message (SMS) or Voice message • Preferred language options are then entered. Hindi and English option are given all over India while Regional Language in Roman Script is State specific.
• Regional Language written in Roman Script is given for handsets not supporting Regional Language fonts (e.g.Kisan Ko salah di jati hai).
• Up to 8 options of Crop/Activity can be given by the farmer so that he/she does not receive unnecessary messages for crops/practices he is not interested in. Immediately on registration, farmer will receive a welcome SMS message.
How To Register Online?
A farmer having internet access can register through the portal or go to the nearest Common Service Center (CSC) to register with the help of a Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE). A onetime fee of Rs. 3 per registration will be charged by the VLE. Link for web registration is http://mkisan.gov.in/wbreg.aspx
Following fields are mandatory in personal details:
• Mobile Number
The farmer is also expected to enter preference for mode of communication and also preference for Language, crop/activities. After pressing ‘Register’ button, a verification code will be sent to farmer’s mobile which needs to be entered on the web-page to complete the registration process.
How To Register Through SMS?
Farmers can also register by sending an SMS on 51969 or 7738299899.
Procedure and format for registration are as under:-
• Format for typing in the message text box is “KISAAN REG < NAME > , , , and ” (only first 3 letters of State, District & Block Names are needed)After typing the message send it to 51969 or 7738299899.
• Farmer will be charged for this SMS. There will however be no charge for subsequent SMSs received from experts & officers. Please note that commas (,) are necessary.
Collection of farmers details for mKisan Portal by Extension Workers :
• All Block Technology Managers, Assistant Technology Managers and all other extension functionaries at District / Block level need to collect data of farmers for mKisan Portal during their field visits and enter or get the same entered in the database.
• Number of new farmers registered by an extension functionary will be linked to mobile number of such a person. Performance on this account also will be considered for regularization or extension of BTMs and ATMs.
• Considering significance of this data in extension services, the State Governments are being requested to keep this aspect in mind during annual performance appraisal of all other staff.
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below