||MyGov, DST & Vigyan Prasar|
|Eligibility||Students & Amateurs|
|Prize||Certificates & Hamper of books on Science|
|Last Date||30th November 2020|
MyGov Film Making Competition
India Science is an Internet-based science Over-The-Top (OTT) TV channel. It is an initiative of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt of India, implemented and managed by Vigyan Prasar (VP), an autonomous organization of the Department of Science and Technology.
This 24×7 video platform is dedicated to science and technology knowledge dissemination, with a strong commitment to spreading scientific awareness especially with Indian perspectives, ethos, and cultural milieu. The initiative is supported by National Council of Science and Technology Communication (NCSTC), DST.
Who Can Participate?
Entries are invited from enthusiastic students and amateurs, who wish to submit short films on science and technology and get featured on India Science.
How To Participate?
1. Login to Participate.
2. Duration of film should not be more than 5 minutes.
3. Films can be submitted in any of the following categories:
A) Ecology and EnvironmentCertificates & Hamper of books on Science
B) Technology Changing Lives
C) Grassroot Innovation
D) Science in Education
E) Science in Daily Life
4. Filmmaker can submit maximum three entries in total, across suitable categories.
5. Films can be produced in English or Hindi.
6. Films can be shot on smartphone or a video camera. The film will need to be shot in 1920x1080p (Full HD). However, a lower resolution is permissible for purposes of entering the contest.
7. The film needs to be uploaded on to Youtube as UNLISTED (it should not be available on search engines or available in public domain). The Youtube link needs to be submitted on MyGov.in as the entry. Any film that is in public domain, will be disqualified.
8. All shortlisted films / winning films may be asked by Vigyan Prasar to submit the Full HD (1920×1080) version.
9. Captions and credits if any, must be in legible font and colour and must be within the safe areas
10. Vigyan Prasar will have non-exclusive perpetual rights to screen all film entries on any internet-based platform of its choice or in any Vigyan Prasar event, as and when required.
11. Vigyan Prasar will have the liberty to use upto 45 seconds of the film footage for promotional purposes.
12. Vigyan Prasar reserves the right to reject any entry if found ineligible.
13. Can change the category of the film without any explanation if the film is not found suitable for the category indicated by the applicant.
14. Vigyan Prasar will not be responsible for violation of any copyright and intellectual property rights. In case such a violation is reported at any stage the film entrants will be entirely liable for any litigation or penal action.
15. Filmmakers must write a short synopsis of the film in English or Hindi in at least 50 words at the time of upload.
16. Vigyan Prasar shall recognize the top 5 films and award them certificates for the same. Winners shall also receive a hamper of books on Science from Vigyan Prasar.
The last date of submission is 30th November 2020.
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below