|Service Name||NSP Scholarships Fresh/ New Students Registration|
|Sponsored By||Government of India|
|Eligibility||School & College Students|
National Scholarship Portal [NSP]
National Scholarship Portal is a Online Scholarship Portal. The National Scholarship Portal is the Government of India’s initiative to provide financial assistance to deserving students by awarding them scholarships to pursue higher education and fulfil their dreams.
Who Can Apply For NSP Scholarships?
Eligibility criteria for each NSP scholarship may vary. Kindly check individual scholarships to know their eligibility criteria.
List of NSP Scholarships
NSP scholarships can be categorised as Central Government Scholarship, State Government Scholarship, and UGC Scholarships.
1. Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
2. Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
3. Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS
4. Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
5. Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric
6. Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric
7. Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh
8. National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students) – only for scholarships
9. National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education(NSIGSE)
10. National Means Cum Merit Scholarship
11. Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships For College And University Students
12. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles
13. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Wards of States/Uts Police Personnel Martyred During Terror/Naxal Attacks
14. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF
15. Financial Support To The Students of NER For Higher Professional Courses(Nec Merit Scholarship)
16. Ishan Uday – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region
17. PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child
18. PG Scholarship For University Rank Holders(Ist And Iind Rank Holders)
19. PG Scholarship Scheme For Sc St Students For Persuing Professional Courses
20. Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girl Students(Degree & Diploma) -AICTE
21. Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girls(Diploma) For Technical Education
22. Saksham Scholarship Scheme For Specilally Abled Students(Degree & Diploma) -AICTE
23. Saksham Scholarship Scheme For Differently Abled Students(Diploma) For Technical Education
NSP Scholarship Fresh Registration
National Scholarship Portal (NSP), New Students Registration For Academic Year 2021-22
How To Apply For NSP Scholarship?
Students applying for scholarship for the first time (Fresh Students) need to “Register” on the portal as fresh applicant by providing accurate and authenticated information as printed on their documents in the “Student Registration Form”. The registration form is required to be filled by parents / guardian of students who are below the age of 18 years on the date of registration.
Documents Required For NSP Scholarship
Before initiating registration process, students / Parents / guardian are advised to keep the following documents handy:
1. Educational documents of student
2. Student’s Bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch
3. Aadhaar number of the Student
4. If Aadhaar is not available, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School and
5. Aadhaar Enrolment ID or Scanned copy of Bank passbook
6. If Institute/School is different from domicile state of the applicant, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School.
For pre matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have their own bank account, parents can provide their own account details. However, parents account number can only be used against scholarship applications for maximum two children.
Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form are given below (Fields marked with * are Mandatory fields):
|1. Date of Birth (DOB)*||Provide DOB as printed in educational certificates.|
|2. State of Domicile*||Domicile state means the state in which students have their permanent address.
Students are required to provide their domicile state correctly as the “Application Id” allotted to them will be based on domicile state. This application Id will also be used as “Login Id” on the portal and for future references.Once allotted the student will not be allowed to change the domicile State under any circumstances.
The student needs to provide a Bonafide Certificate in the prescribed proforma if the Students domicile state is different from the state of Institute/School, he/she is studying.
|3.Scholarship Category*||Scholarship schemes are divided in following major categories described below (Students are required to select the relevant category based on their class/course in which they are studying):
2.1 Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme: For students studying from Class 1st to Class 10th.
2.2 Post – Matric Scholarship scheme/Top Class Scholarship Scheme/Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme: For students studying from Class 11th, 12th and above including Courses like ITI, B.SC, B. Com., B. Tech, Medical /students studying top level colleges such as IITs and IIMs/ students doing Technical and Professional courses etc. (Attach a hyperlink mentioning details of schemes of different Ministries)
|4. Name of Student*||Provide name as printed in educational certificates. For students applying for Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme preferably provide name as printed in class 10th certificate.
For students providing Aadhaar number to ensure that your name is correct in your Aadhaar card.
|5. Mobile Number*||Provide correct and authenticated mobile number, as all the communications and One-time passwords related to portal activities will be sent as SMS on this mobile number.
(i) In case of Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme only one registration is allowed with one mobile number.
(ii) For pre-matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have mobile number, parents’ mobile number can be provided. The parents’ mobile number can only be used for filling scholarship applications for maximum of their two children only.
|6. Email Id||Provide correct and authenticated email id, as all the communications and One-time passwords related to portal activities will be sent on this email Id.|
|7. Bank account details||Provide active bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch of the student. The name of bank will be automatically mentioned based on your IFSC code. If not, then write it as printed on the bank passbook.
In case of Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme one registration must be done with one bank account number.Whereas, for pre matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have their own bank account number parent’s account number can be used. However, parent’s account number can only be provided for maximum of their two children.
|8.Identification Details||Select and provide the information in this field very carefully. You are required to select one of the following methods for identification details:
7.1 Aadhaar Number: Students who have Aadhaar number are required to provide 12-digit Aadhaar number as printed on Aadhaar card.
Upon submitting the registration form, the system will match the personal identification details of the applicant with the Aadhaar records.
Only one registration is allowed with one Aadhaar number. However, if multiple applications of a student are found in the system at a later stage, all his/her applications are liable to be rejected.
It may be noted that your Aadhaar Number could also be used for crediting scholarship amount in the bank account linked* to your Aadhaar number in fast track mode.
For all such cases, where student does not possess Aadhaar, he is required to provide a bonafide certificate issued by his Institute/School in the prescribed proforma along-with Aadhaar enrolment number or scanned copy of first page of his Bank passbook (containing the photograph of the applicant)
*To link your bank account with Aadhaar number for receiving scholarship in the same, please visit you bank branch and submit a “bank consent form for receiving DBT”.
You can check which bank is linked to your Aadhaar number on NPCI mapper here https://resident.uidai.gov.in/bank-mapper or through Aadhaar-enabled micro-ATM machine of any of these banks.
1. After submitting the application, the default login id and password to log into NSP portal will be sent to the provided mobile number. In case the password is not received, the option for forgot password at login page shall be used.
2. Students are advised to provide “Annual Family Income” as per the Income Certificate issued by competent authority in their scholarship application.
NSP Help Desk
Candidates can contact the Help Desk for resolution of the technical problems 0120 – 6619540
nsp scholarship 2021 , nsp scholarship amount , nsp scholarship 2020 , nsp scholarship payment , nsp scholarship portal , nsp scholarship 2020 to 2021 , nsp scholarship status check , nsp scholarship 2021-22 last date , nsp scholarship amount details , nsp scholarship amount details 2020-21 , nsp scholarship amount for ug students , nsp scholarship amount for pg students , nsp scholarship amount for post matric , nsp scholarship apply , nsp scholarship amount check , nsp scholarship bank account update , nsp scholarship balance check , nsp scholarship bank account not validated , nsp scholarship bihar , nsp scholarship benefits , nsp scholarship bank account , nsp scholarship bonafide certificate
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below