|Department||NSDL, NPS Trust, Government of India|
|Scheme||National Pension System [NPS]|
|Eligibility||Any individual citizen of India, 18-65 years|
NSDL National Pension System [NPS]
National Pension System (NPS) is a pension cum investment scheme launched by Government of India to provide old age security to Citizens of India. It brings an attractive long term saving avenue to effectively plan your retirement through safe and regulated market-based return. The Scheme is regulated by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).National Pension System Trust (NPST) established by PFRDA is the registered owner of all assets under NPS.
NPS Account Benefits
Opening NPS account has its own advantages as compared to other pension product available. Below are few features which make NPS different from others:
• Low cost product
• Tax breaks for Individuals, Employees and Employers
• Attractive market linked returns
• Easily portable
• Professionally managed by experienced Pension Funds
• Regulated by PFRDA, a regulator set up through an act of Parliament
Who Can Join NPS?
Any individual citizen of India (both resident and Non-resident) in the age group of 18-65 years (as on the date of submission of NPS application) can join NPS.
How To Join NPS?
Registration using PAN (KYC verification by Bank/Non Bank POP):
1. You must have a ‘Permanent Account Number’ (PAN)
2. Bank / Demat /Folio account details with the empanelled Bank/Non-Bank for KYC verification for subscriber registration through eNPS
3. Your KYC verification will be done by the Bank/Non-Bank POP selected by you during the registration process. Name and address provided during registration should match with POP records for KYC verification. If the details don’t match, the request is liable for rejection. In case of rejection of KYC by the selected POP, the applicant is requested to contact the POP
4. You need to fill up all the mandatory details online
5. You need to upload scanned copy of PAN card and Cancelled Cheque in *.jpeg/*.jpg/*.png format having file size between 4KB – 2MB
6. You need to upload your scanned photograph and signature in *.jpeg/*.jpg/*.png format having file size between 4KB – 5MB
7. You will be routed to a payment gateway for making the payment towards your NPS account from Internet Banking
8. Contributions are credited in PRANs on T+2 basis (subject to receipt of clear funds from Payment Gateway Service Provider)
In addition, NRI subscribers should,
1. Select the Bank Account Status i.e., Non-Repatriable account or Repatriable account
2. Provide the NRE/NRO bank account details and upload scanned copy of passport
3. Select the preferred address for communication i.e., Overseas Address or Permanent Address (communication at overseas address would entail extra charges)
After Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) is allotted, subscriber can use the following option
Option 1 – eSign:
1. Select ‘eSign’ option in the eSign / Print & Courier page
2. OTP for the purpose of authentication will be sent to your mobile number registered with the Aadhaar
3. After Authentication of Aadhaar, Registration form will be successfully eSigned
4. Once a document is eSigned, you need not send the physical copy of form to CRA
5. eSign service charges plus taxes applicable is Rs. 25.90 (including UIDAI charge of Rs. 20)
Option 2 – Print and Courier:
1. Select ‘Print & Courier’ option in the eSign / Print & Courier page
2. You need to take a printout of the form, paste your photograph (please do not sign
across the photograph) & affix signature
3. You should sign on the block provided for signature
4. The photograph should not be stapled or clipped to the form
5. The form should be sent within 30 days from the date of allotment of PRAN to CRA at the following address or else the PRAN will be ‘frozen’ temporarily
Central Recordkeeping Agency (eNPS)
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
1st Floor, Times Tower, Kamala Mills Compound, SenapatiBapat Marg
Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013
How NPS Works?
Upon successful enrolment, a Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) is allotted to the subscriber under NPS. Once the PRAN is generated, an email alert as well as a SMS alert is sent to the registered email ID and mobile number of the subscriber by NSDL-CRA (Central Record Keeping Agency).
Subscriber contributes periodically and regularly towards NPS during the working life to create the corpus for retirement. On retirement or exit from the scheme, the Corpus is made available to the Subscriber with the mandate that some portion of the Corpus must be invested in to Annuity to provide a monthly pension post retirement or exit from the scheme.
Call : 022 – 4090 4242
Email : eNPS@nsdl.co.in
Similar Searches :
national pension system trust ,national pension system nps ,national pension system upsc ,national pension system subscriber registration form ,national pension system calculator ,national pension system in tamil ,national pension system interest rate ,national pension system account ,national pension system app ,national pension system age limit ,national pension system account login , national pension system application form pdf ,national pension system account balance check , national pension system axis bank ,national pension system act ,the national pension system, features of national pension system ,benefits of national pension system
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below