|Scholarship||National Means Cum Merit Scholarship [NMMS / NMMSS] 2021|
||Department of School Education & Literacy|
|Eligibility||Class VIII Students|
|Application Mode||Online [National Scholarship Portal NSP]|
|Last Date||15th November 2021|
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2021
Department of School Education & Literacy invites an application for National Means Cum Merit Scholarship [NMMS / NMMSS] 2021
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Eligibility 2021
• Under this scheme, 100,000 scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum from all sources.
• Each State /UT have fixed quota of scholarship as given at Annexure of concerned age group of class VII and VIII.
• The scheme would provide reservation to different categories of students as per the State/UT norms; as different States/UTs have their own norms of reservation
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Amount 2021
The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 12000/- per annum @ Rs. 1000 per month. These scholarships will be provided on yearly basis to the students studying as regular students in class IX in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools which will be renewed for classes X, XI and XII. Thus the scholarships will be for a maximum period of four years.
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Application 2021
Visit National Scholarship Portal [NSP] to apply for National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2021
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Disbursement 2021
• A student can avail only one Scholarship under any scheme.
• The awardees will be required to open bank accounts preferably in SBI, or any public sector bank or any scheduled bank which has core banking facility.
• The State Governments / UT Administrations shall normally send the proposals/ list of beneficiaries on-line on the Scholarship Portal.
• The Ministry will scrutinize the proposal and sanction funds from Annual Budget Provision for releasing them to SBI, the implementing bank for scheme for disbursal of scholarships to students directly into their bank accounts by electronic transfer.
• The awardees should get minimum of 55% marks in Class IX and XI and 60% in Class X for continuance of scholarship (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates) in next higher classes.
• SBI will ensure that the scholarship is paid to awardees in one go (Rs. 12000) immediately after getting the funds and the lists from the Ministry.
• SBI will instruct some of its branches to coordinate with the State Education Department in connection with the payment of scholarships.
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Selection 2021
1. Each State/UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The State Level Examination may consist of the following two tests:
• Mental Ability Test (MAT)
• Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
2. The students shall have minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (relax able by 5% for SC/ST students). The students should be studying as regular student in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
3. Mental Ability Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figure etc.
4. Scholastic Aptitude Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
5. Duration of the Test:
Each test will be of 90 minutes duration. Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Last Date 2021
Scheme Closing Date : 15th November 2021
Defective Verification : 15th December 2021
Institute Verification : 15th December 2021
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Helpdesk 2021
Call : 0120-6619540
Email : email@example.com.
nmms scholarship 2021 apply online , nmms scholarship amount , nmms scholarship 2020-21 , nmms scholarship amount 2020 , nmms scholarship amount for how many years , nmms scholarship portal , nmms scholarship amount 2021 , nmms scholarship apply online , nmms scholarship application form , about nmms scholarship , about nmms scholarship exam , nmms scholarship benefits , nmms scholarship bihar , nmms scholarship west bengal , bihar nmms scholarship 2019 apply online , nmms scholarship contact number
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below