|Announcement||ONGC Scholarship To Meritorious General Category Students|
|Eligibility||First Year Engineering, MBBS, MBA, Master in Geophysics/Geology Students|
|Last Date||Refer Scholarship Advertisement|
ONGC Foundation Scholarship Portal
ONGC scholarship scheme for meritorious belonging to General category is an exclusive scholarship opportunity for students belonging to the marginalized sections of the society who are studying in the first year of Engineering, MBBS, MBA or Master in Geophysics/Geology programme.
The aim of this scholarship is to provide financial support to the meritorious students belonging to the economically weaker General Category. Selected 500 students will receive a scholarship of INR 48,000 each on an annual basis to enable them to complete their education.
|Academic qualification||Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Master’s degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full time regular courses by AICTE/ MCI/UGC/Association of Indian Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.|
|Percentile||Have secured a minimum 60% marks in class 12 for Engineering/MBBS course and a minimum of 60% marks in graduation for PG courses in Geology/Geophysics/MBA (Note: The minimum OGPA/CGPA should be 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system)|
|Gross annual family income||Have a gross family income of less than INR 2 Lakhs per annum (i.e. INR 16,667 per month) from all sources.|
|Age limit||Not be more than 30 years of age as on 1st January 2020|
|Course type||Regular full time course|
500* scholarships worth Rs.48,000/- per annum each ONGC Foundation offers scholarships to meritorious economically weaker General category students pursuing professional courses in Engineering, Medical stream and Master’s degree course in Business Administration, Geology and geophysics.
How To Apply?
1. The candidate fulfilling the above criteria may submit their application in just one click by ‘Apply Now’ option which can be seen top right corner in this website www.ongcscholar.org
2. Complete application with all the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form duly certified and attested by their Head/Principal/ Dean of the Institute/ College/University need to be uploaded and same required to be shared in hard copies, should reach the designated office of ONGC as per the details given in application Format.
3. Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria as mentioned above may submit their application online as per the prescribed “Application format”.
4. For receiving scholarship benefits, an individual shall furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar Card.
1. Copy of Birth Certificate/Class 10 Mark sheet as proof of age.
2. Copy of Class 12 mark sheet in case of Engineering/MBBS students.
3. Copy of consolidated Graduation mark sheet in case of MBA/Master’s in Geology/Geophysics students.
4. Certified copy of annual income certificate of the family in Hindi/English language.
5. Bank details of the applicant in the ECS form attested by the bank as prescribed.
6. Copy of PAN card or the tentative date for submission of PAN card copy (in case it is not available.
1. Selection of candidate will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination prescribed for each eligible course of study. In case of students having equal marks in the qualifying examination students with lower family income will be selected.
2. Preference shall be given to students from below poverty line (BPL) families and other students shall be considered only if sufficient number of students from BPL families fulfilling the eligibility criteria is not available.
1. The scholarship will cover lump sum amount of Rs 4000/- (Four Thousand) per month i.e. Rs 48000/- Per Annum
2. The amount shall be paid on yearly basis after completion of the academic year. The amount of scholarship will be deposited directly in the bank account of students through ECS facility.
3. Once awarded, the scholarship shall be continued every year till the completion of the course subject to promotion of the student to the next year of his/her course. Scholarship shall be discontinued if the candidate is not promoted to the next year by their respective Institute/College/University. For the continuation of the scholarship, the students will have to send an online ‘Application for renewal’ in the prescribed format.
4. In case the student opts for any different scholarship subsequently after award of ONGC Scholarship, he/she should have to refund the entire scholarship amount received from ONGC Foundation.
1. 50% scholarships are reserved for girl students.
2. Students need to maintain a minimum of 60% or 6 grade points out of 10 in each year’s semester examination to ensure the continuation of the scholarship.
3. The selected candidate must not be availing the benefits of any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source.
4. OBC caste certificate issued by competent government authorities is to be furnished.
5. Students belonging to other categories (OBC, SC/ST) shall apply in their respective schemes as and when announced and not under this scheme.
6. The scholarship is admissible for full-time regular courses only.
7. Students must ensure they provide the active bank account details which should not likely to be changed later after selection.
8. Active mobile number and email are requested to be provided.
9. The specific zone where a student can apply for this scholarship depends on the location of the University/Institute/College in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination.
10. Student shall be eligible for ONGC Scholarship scheme (if selected, as per the eligibility criteria) only for one course of study once in lifetime.
Telephone: 011-26753125 and 011-26753132
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below