|Scholarship||Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship [DAS]|
|States||All States and Union Territories|
|Application Mode||Through School/Foundation|
Reliance Foundation DAS Scholarship
The Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship Programme is aimed towards fulfilling Shri Dhirubhai Ambani’s vision of providing opportunities to the youth and empowering them to become future leaders. Initiated in 1996, the scholarship supports meritorious students of standard XII to pursue college education and nurtures them to emerge as young professionals.
Reliance Foundation DAS Scholarship Eligibility
• Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship Programme is a targeted programme where scholarship is awarded to top few meritorious students who meet the selection criteria of Reliance Foundation, based on the merit list provided by the State/CBSE Board.
• The Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship has enabled students to pursue higher studies in streams such as engineering, medicine, law, pharmacy, science, business management and other social sciences.
• A large number of Dhirubhai Ambani Scholars have pursued further higher education from premier institutes in India and abroad, for e.g. IIT, IIM, Stanford University etc.
• Almost half of the Dhirubhai Ambani Scholars are girls. The scholarship unleashes the potential of the youth of India to grow into leaders in their respective fields.
• So far, 12,500 meritorious students, have been awarded scholarships under the Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship Programme in India.
• The scholarship programme plays a key role in building confidence and motivating students to excel in their lives.
Reliance Foundation DAS Scholarship Area
• Currently the programme reaches out to all States and Union Territories of India both in rural and urban areas.
• The scholarships are awarded to meritorious students who demonstrate need for financial support and to differently abled meritorious students under a separate category.
• These young scholarship recipients represent the ‘hope, optimism and potential’ of Future India.
• It has come to our notice that certain individuals claiming to be representatives of Reliance Foundation are deceiving / misleading the public and collecting/ soliciting monies in the form of deposits or otherwise for purported scholarships and other benefits for educational activities by Reliance Foundation.
• We hereby notify the public that the said individuals are in no way connected to and do not represent Reliance Foundation or any of its associated entities.
• Reliance Foundation never solicits money by way of deposits or otherwise for offer of scholarship or other benefits.
• Public are hereby warned not to deal with such unscrupulous elements. Reliance Foundation and its associated entities will not be responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever for any loss suffered as a result of dealing with or depositing money with any such persons.
• We request you to promptly notify the local law enforcement authorities and us in case any person seeks monies for purported offer of scholarships or benefits in the name of Reliance Foundation
Reliance Foundation Education & Sports for All
About Education and Sports for All:
The Education and Sports for All (ESA) initiative was launched in 2010 with the objective of providing access to quality education in India. Through a partnership with several NGOs, Reliance Foundation and Mumbai Indians have positively impacted the lives of 200,000 of underprivileged children during the last few years.
Mrs. Nita Ambani spearheads the ESA initiative. The Mumbai Indians team is actively engaged in the initiative and has exhibited their ardent support for the cause. The ESA programme supports various initiatives that work with underprivileged children, promote girl-child education and impart life skills to the differently abled.
In 2019, the programme supported 15 partner NGOs: Aarambh, Aseema Charitable Trust, Krida Vikas Sanstha , Meljol, Milaan Be The Change, Mumbai Mobile Creches, One Billion Literates Foundation, Sakhi For Girls Education, Ummeed Child Development Centre, Yuwa India Trust, OSCAR, Bridges of Sports Foundation, Cansupport, Pi Jam Foundation, The Community Library Project.
Education and Sports for All Match:
Every year, since the inception nearly 18,000 children from different NGOs across Maharashtra watch an IPL match live at the Wankhede stadium, Mumbai. This initiative taken under the EFA programme provides these underprivileged children with a life-time experience. The children enjoy a day at the stadium with lots of goodies, food and drinks. Dressed in Mumbai Indians T-shirts and caps, the children cheer for their favourite team at the stadium.
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below