|Service||Marriage Certificate Online Application|
||Government of West Bengal, Law Department, Registrar General of Marriages|
|Eligibility||Residents of West Bengal|
RGMWB Marriage Certificate
Online Application For Marriage Certificate West Bengal
Advantages of Marriage Registration
1. Certificate of marriage is a document, which provides valuable evidence of marriage;
2. Certificate of marriage is a document providing social security, self-confidence particularly among married women;
3. Certificate of marriage is useful in getting the visa for the wife/husband.
4. It will be helpful in claiming the Bank deposits or Life Insurance benefits when the account holder or the Insurer dies without a nomination or otherwise.
5. It is an important document to establish claim on an inherited property.
Registration under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 (Post Marriage Registration) :
1. Application for marriage filled in prescribed form with name and address of the Husband and wife, signature of Husband and wife, joint photo of bride and groom with signature over such photo should be presented to the Registrar of Marriage.
2. Marriage registrar will verify the contents of the application and records.
3. He will issue certificate of marriage after lapse of objection period, after registering the marriage, if he is satisfied that the records produced are in accordance with law.
Solemnization under Special Marriage Act, 1954 :
1. Groom and bride should give notice of intended marriage 30 days in advance of solemnization along with prescribed fees
2.They must have lived continuously for not less than 30 days within the jurisdiction of marriage officer before giving the notice.
3.If no objections are received within 30 days from the date of notice of intended marriage, groom and bride should appear before the Marriage Officer within next 60 days after lapse of 30 days from such notice along with three witnesses for solemnization of the Marriage.
4. Marriage Officer after following procedure prescribed under act and rules will solemnize the marriage.
5. If marriage is not solemnized within 90 days from the date of notice fresh notice has to be submitted.
6. The parties to the marriage will have to appear before the Marriage Officer to fill in, sign & submit the Declaration form with the Marriage Officer.
7. Marriage Officer will administer oath from both the parties to the marriage in the prescribed form and solemnize the marriage by making entries in the Certificate Book, and issue certificate of marriage.
8. Groom and bride and three witnesses shall sign the declaration and the certificates of marriage.
Registration under Special Marriage Act 1954 (Post marriage registration) :
1. The husband and the wife should submit, application, for registration of such marriage with the Marriage Officer after staying in the jurisdiction of the Marriage Officer for more than 30 days.
2. Both the husband and wife must belong to the same community at the time of their social marriage.
3. After lapse of a period of 30 days for submission of any objection to the marriage , if no objection is received, the Marriage Officer can register the marriage and issue marriage certificate.
4. For registration of the marriage, the husband & the wife, along with three witnesses will have to appear before the Marriage Officer, who, after making entries in the Marriage Certificate book, and taking signature of the husband, wife & three witnesses, completes registration of the marriage.
5. Now he/she can issue a copy of Marriage Certificate.
Solemnization of Marriages under Indian Christian Marriage Act 1872:
1. Both or any one of the parties to the marriage must be a Christian by religion.
2. Both the parties intending to the marriage will have to submit a Notice of Marriage before four days.
3. Christian Marriages are usually solemnized in a Church, & or at other place, by a Licensed Minister
4. Age of both the parties to the marriage should be 21 years and above.
5. In case the age of the bride is below 21 years but above 18 years, then consent of her father/ or guardian is required.
6. The father/ guardian can make objection to the marriage in case of under aged bride.
7. Before solemnizing the marriage, the parties will have to sign and submit Oath form, Declaration form & Questionnaire forms.
8. After solemnizing the marriage, the Licensed Minister issues Certificate of Marriage, bearing signature of the parties to the marriage and two witnesses.
Registration under Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act, 1936 :
1. There should not be any prohibited relationship between the parties to the marriage, as described in Schedule – I of the Act.
2. A Parsi Priest solemnizes the marriage only between two Parsis.
3. The Parsi priest issues a certificate after the social marriage ceremony called “ASHIRVAD” is completed between parties to the marriage.
4. After receiving such a certificate from the Parsi Priest, the Parsi Marriage Registrar can register the marriage by making entries in the register book by obtaining signature of groom and bride and two witnesses present at the time of marriage in prescribed form and issue certificate of marriage.
5. A copy of this certificate will be sent to Registrar General of Marriages, WB.
How To Apply For Marriage Certificate Online?
1. Visit RGMWB website
2. Then click on the link “Regiter your marriage”
3. Click here to apply online
4. Select relevant act and you will get form
5. Fill up accordingly attach Marriage officer/registrar and submit.
6. If submitted properly you will get an sms.
7. Contact Marriage officer over mobile and act accordingly.
Call : 033-22259398
Email : rgm-wb[at]nic[dot]in
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below