|Scholarship||Vidyasiri-Food & Accommodation Scholarship 2021|
|Department||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of Karnataka|
|Eligibility||Backward Classes Students|
|Application Mode||Online through State Scholarship Portal [SSP]|
|Last Date||20th April 2021|
Vidyasiri-Food and Accommodation Scholarship 2021
Online applications are invited for Vidyasiri-Food and Accommodation Scholarship Scheme for year 2021
Who Can Apply?
1. a) Should be a citizen of India and a permanent resident of Karnataka.
b) His/her caste Should be included in the list of other Backward Classes as notified by the Government of India or State Government.
c) Students pursuing post-matric courses in government / local Insititutions / Aided Insititutions / non-aided recognised private institutions, affiliated to the statutory universities of Karnataka.
2. For students of backward classes who have not got admission in any departmental / government funded student hostel and studying in post-matric courses will be sanctioned in the Vidyasiri-Food and Accomadation Scholarship Scheme are eligible.
3. For students selected under the scheme, a monthly stipend of Rs. 1500/- per month for a period of 10 months total of Rs.15000/- per annum during the academic period, subjected to other provisions, will be credited students’s a bank account opened in a bank with core banking system through online.
(i) Entry to Students Hostel,
(ii) Boarding and loading assitatnce plan and
(iii) Post-matric Scholarships –Eligible for any one of these facitlity.
5. Those who are eligible for availing this facility should submit applicaton through online.
6. a) The Gross Annual Income of the student, father / mother / guardian family should be within the limits set forth below.
(i) Rs.2.50 lakh for students of Category-I
(ii) Rs. 1.00 lakhs for students of Category-2A, 3A and 3B
b) Students must be in rural areas and at least 5 km for away from the college where they are studying.However, if the student’s residence place is in the city / town but attending colleges in a different city / town, he / she is eligible for this facility.
c) New and Renewal students must pass with the minimum marks mentioned below in the previous year’s annual examination in order to avail the facility.
|2||Category – 2A, 3A and 3B||50%||60%|
In case of failure to attend the examination due to medical reasons, such student should be submit medical certificate certified by Medical Board
7. a) Student who attend the equivalent courses more than once are not eligible.(eg: Admission to B.Com after B.A.MA (English) after MA (Kannada),LLB, after B.Ed.etc).
b) Students attending postgraduate medical courses but practicing medicine during the course are not eligible for this facility.
c) Students who passed in Arts, Science, and Commerce courses, Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees and attending approved Professional or Technical Certificate, Diploma, Degree Courses and if they are otherwise eligible, they are entitled to the benefits of the scheme. Those who have changed courses more than once are not eligible.
e) Only two male members of the same family are eligible for the scheme. However, this restriction does not apply to girls.
8. Class attendance of each MAH student must be at least 75%.
How To Apply?
• Visit State Scholarship Portal
• Click on “Create Account” link to create your login account to apply for Scholarship in SSP.
• Student Account Creation will be a one-time process in SSP. Student need not create his/her account in SSP to apply for Scholarship
• Select your Scheme from the “ Select Scheme ” drop-down. (Social Welfare/ Tribal Welfare/ Minorities Welfare/ Backward Classes Welfare/ Medical Education/ Technical Education/ AYUSH/ Karnataka Brahmin Development Board/ Directorate of Disabilities Welfare).
• Select your Caste Category from the “Select Category” drop-down. Select whether you have Aadhaar or not.
• If you have Aadhaar, then click on “Yes” radio-button. Enter your Aadhaar number, Name as in Aadhaar, Gender, CAPTCHA, click on Aadhaar Consent checkbox and then click on “PROCEED” button.
• If you do not have Aadhaar, then click on “No” radio-button. Enter your EID number (Aadhaar Enrolment Number), Name as in EID, Gender, CAPTCHA, click on EID Consent checkbox and then click on “PROCEED” button.
• The student must provide only his or her parent’s e-mail and mobile number only. The student’s Identification Number & password, OTP and other important instructions will be sent by the State Scholarship Portal for the student’s e-mail and mobile number entered by the student. Do not give e-mail and mobile numbers of teacher/ cyber- centre personnel/unrelated person.
• Enter Your Mobile Number & the OTP sent to your Mobile Number in the input fields provided.
• Create Password for your Scholarship account.
• Enter password for your login account in the “ Password ” input field (Password should contain minimum 8 characters with at least 1 digit).
• Re-enter the password in the “Confirm Password” input field. Click on “Submit” button.
• Select your Religion from the “ Religion ” drop-down list.(Students belonging to
• Minority Communities should mandatorily enter NSP ID in the input field provided)
• Select your Caste category from the “Category” drop-down list.
• Enter your Caste & Income Certificate RD Numbers/EWS Certificate RD Number in the input fields provided. Click on “Check” button. Click on “Save & Proceed” button.
• Enter your Ration Card Number(APL/BPL) in the input fields provided. Click on “Save & Proceed” button. .
• Student login Account will be created after this step is completed. User ID & Password will be sent to registered mobile number of the student.
• Login to your Account using your login ID and password.
• Click on “ Apply for Vidyasiri-Food and Accommodation Scholarship” link in the Student Account
• Fill the Scholarship Form and Submit
1. Applications are invited from eligible students in SSP software through online.
2. Students have to submit online Application alongwith prescribed documents and bank account number and IFSC code, caste and income certificate, previous class marks card etc through online and submit the hard copy to concerned colleges.
3. College Principals and Inspection Officers willreview the application and documents at the relevant level and Confirm Online and the said documents should be submitted to the concerned taluk backward classes welfware officers.
4. Taluk Backward Classes Welfare Officer will Check Verify and Confirm Online.
5. District Backward Classes Welfare Officer will Check above said information.
6. Attendance of student selected under this plan must be atleast 75%, Information about this should be obtained from the college principal and same should be uploaded by Taluk Backward Classes welfare Officers through online.
7. In accordance with respective year budget depending upon eligibility and marks of the students approval should be given at taluk level to qualified students under Vidyasiri meal and Hostel facility.
8. Payment of the sanctioned amount to the concerned students directly to the bank account through Treasury-2 software.
Last date for Vidyasiri-Food and Accommodation Scholarship 2021 is 20.04.2021.
BCWD Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
BCWD Helpline Number : 8050770004/8050770005
SSP Email : email@example.com
Helpline Number : 080-35254757
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below