|Scholarship||PG Scholarship Scheme For SC/ST Students For Pursuing Professional Courses|
||University Grants Commission [UGC]|
|Eligibility||SC/ST Students Pursuing First Year Postgraduate Courses|
|Application Mode||Online [National Scholarship Portal NSP]|
|Last Date||30th November 2021|
UGC SC/ST PG Scholarship 2021
University Grants Commission [UGC] invites an application for PG Scholarship Scheme For SC/ST Students For Pursuing Professional Courses for academic year 2021-22
UGC SC/ST PG Scholarship Eligibility 2021
For the purpose of award of the scholarship students who are pursuing professional courses in the following Institutions/ Colleges/Universities:
• Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGCAct.
• Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid fromUGC,
• Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/StateGovernment.
• Institutes of National Importance.
Courses which require approval from Regulatory Council i.e. Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), NCTIS, NCTE Bar council of India (BCI), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), INC, FORENSIC REGULATORY & DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF INDIA are considered professional courses.
UGC SC/ST PG Scholarship Amount 2021
Candidates selected for the award of PG scholarships (under ME/MTech.) shall be provided Scholarship @ Rs.7800/-per month for the duration of the PG Scholarship. For other courses, the amount of scholarship will be paid @Rs.4500/- per month.
UGC SC/ST PG Scholarship Application 2021
Students can only apply online on the NSP [National Scholarship Portal]. The host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application.
UGC SC/ST PG Scholarship Renewal
• Scholarship granted under the scheme will be kept renewed during the period of first year post graduate course subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
• The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of an annual progress report to be granted by the administrative head of the University/ Institution/ College.(E.g. Registrar of a University/ Director of the Institution/ Principal of the College or any other officer designated by them).
• Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
• Change in course of study will not be permitted.
• Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
• The awardees of previous years will continue to follow the UGC pattern of assistance through the designated bank branches of Canara Bank.
UGC SC/ST PG Scholarship Selection 2021
• 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
• Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
• If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
• Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
UGC SC/ST PG Scholarship Last Date 2021
Scheme Closing Date : 30th November 2021
Defective Verification : 15th December 2021
Institute Verification : 15th December 2021
UGC SC/ST PG Scholarship Helpdesk 2021
Call : 0120-6619540
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
pg scholarship for sc/st students for pursuing professional courses, pg scholarship scheme for sc st students for pursuing professional courses
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below